The problems of handling an emergency situation and evacuating a building get magnified many fold as the building gets taller and taller.
In case of a fire, the power supply is disconnected immediately, thus not allowing the elevators to be used. This therefore necessitates the use of the staircases. The problems associated with this are as follows
- Elderly and physically challenged occupants would find it difficult to climb down 10-15 storeys and also take them a long time. Their pace would be slow, causing others behind them to push against them. This might cause them to lose balance and fall, further causing them possibly serious injuries.
- Incase of people with small children, the kids would have to be carried and coming down from such great heights would definitely be tiring and dangerous.
- The staircases could get blocked by fire or smoke causing panic and stampedes on the staircase which could endanger the lives of the evacuees.
- The use of the staircases by the occupants would block or delay the Fire Brigade personnel from reaching the fire, thus causing the fire to escalate.
- The fire engines might not be able to reach the building incase the building does not have proper access.
We at The First Escape have realized the seriousness of this problem and have on offer several products which could provide solutions to each and every one of the problems mentioned above.
The Fire Escape Chute is an emergency evacuation system which provides a fast and safe method for evacuating multi- storey building in case of an emergency arising from fire, earthquake or terrorist attacks.